A Word From Our President
In a year that none of us will ever forget, it is nearly impossible to settle on the right adjective to describe 2020. However, if I had to pick one for CityHouse this year, it would be “HISTORIC”. The COVID-19 pandemic has created a surge in the need for our services. For every opening, we have in one of our residential apartments, we received more than 30 desperate calls. While the demand in Palm Beach County has certainly increased beyond our capacity, I’m happy to report that this year CityHouse more than doubled the number of families for whom it is providing a safe and healthy place to live.
Historic 2020 Milestones and Challenges:
– CityHouse closed on the purchase of its main Delray Beach campus.
– CityHouse opened a triplex in north Delray Beach to house three new families.
– CityHouse partnered with Boca Raton Community Church and opened a new Boca Raton campus that is currently housing four families with plans to expand to eight families.
– CityHouse was awarded the Impact 100 Grant in the category of Family.
– CityHouse has implemented an amazing mentorship program whereby every mother in the program is assigned a female volunteer that provides love and support through their journey to independence.
The historic milestones of 2020 have been achieved during a year of historic challenges. Those challenges persist in the areas of:
– Loss of employment for our mothers.
-Lack of childcare for our mothers who retained their jobs.
-Online classes for our young children, many of who have suffered from different types of trauma.
– Healthcare for our families.
– Fundraising in order to keep CityHouse services available to our families.
This historic year is not yet over. It is my prayer that our families and yours will stay safe and healthy and that with God’s blessings, we can celebrate our milestones and overcome our challenges together.
May God Bless Us All,
President, CityHouse Inc.